Canyon View Prep Academy
Your Hometown College Prep High School!
Canyon View Prep Academy is a college-prep charter high school providing opportunities for learning today so you will be leading tomorrow! Our students can choose from regular, honors, and dual-credit classes – or ride to JTED in the morning or afternoon for classes; and there is no cost to attend.
We are accredited by AdvancEd. Please review our page links for full information on our Academics, Culture, Sports, and Clubs.
Traditional High School Classes
Canyon View Prep offers a private school feel, but as a charter school, the State pays the cost for your student to attend.
Academics are rigorous and designed to prepare students for their next step after high school, whether it’s a university, community college, technical school, military, or the work force.
- We offer JTED classes and transportation during the school day.
- Dual enrollment with GCU and Yavapai College
- Assistance with post-secondary planning
Competitive Sports through Canyon Athletic Association
Our High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team made the North Conference Division 1 Champions for 2017.
- Fencing / Archery
- Mountain Biking
- Softball and Baseball
- Volleyball and more…
Early Release/ Teacher In-Service
PSAT Juniors Only
Virus Response Plan
Why Canyon View Prep Academy is a great choice for your student!
- CVPA is accredited by AdvancEd, the largest accrediting
organization in the world. As a result, the school is recognized by colleges and universities worldwide.
- CVP’s academic program centers around college preparatory core curriculum. Our goal is that students will be prepared for college and have a clear path to get there after graduation. As a result, staff and teachers consistently work with students on planning, SAT/ACT prep and meeting standards that will help them be more successful when they are taking college classes.
- CVPA offers dual enrollment. Students can choose to do dual enrollment through Grand Canyon University or Yavapai College. Students can start dual enrollment their sophomore year if their GPA is 3.2 or higher, and their junior year if it is 3.0 or higher. As a result, students could complete two years of college prior to their graduation from high school.
- CVP offers a traditional high school experience. This includes sports and clubs like NHS, Student Council, basketball,
volleyball, cheerleading, soccer, softball, fencing, archery and more. CVP students are actively engaged in the community doing volunteer work both on campus and off campus. There are pep rallies, dances, Prom and other activities that students expect to participate in when they are in high school.
- CVPA is a partner with JTED, and the school provides
transportation to and from the JTED sites. As a result,
CVPA students can earn college credit and receive certifications in programs such as pre-engineering, welding, culinary, or medical science. This can help students with acceptance into specialized programs at universities or with obtaining a well-paying job after graduation.
- Each year CVP graduates go on to universities both in state and out of state. Several of them have received scholarships to colleges that include NAU, GCU, ASU and Colorado State
University. In addition, CVP grads who have chosen to enter the military have scored high enough on their ASVAB
assessments to be offered interesting and exciting
assignments after basic training.
AVERAGE TEACHER SALARY (A.R.S. 15-189.05)
|Average salary of all teachers employed in budget year 2021||$42,787|
|Average salary of all teachers employed in prior year 2020||$40,191|
|Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year 2020||$2,636|